Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bon Voyage...Already?!

most of the Midtown Ukraine team

I can't believe this is happening so soon!  I leave tomorrow morning and it has been a busy couple of weeks leading up to this.  Packing and preparing can be so overwhelming and no matter how much time I leave myself, I'm always panicking at the last minute (like now).
me and Steph at her going-away weekend
I am going three days ahead of the team and am taking a four day layover in Amsterdam to spend a couple days with my friend Steph who lives in Brussels.  Steph and I were sorority sisters together at Vanderbilt and she was my roommate for two years in DC after undergrad.  We had a going-away weekend for her before she moved last summer but I haven't gotten to see her since.  Steph is one of my favorite people and I can't wait to see her!

After my visit with Steph, I will take a train back to the Amsterdam airport to meet up with the rest of the team to fly to Kiev!  I'm so excited to see all the kids.  I'm looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and getting to know some new kids too!  The rest of the Midtown team leaves next Monday so keep them in your prayers as they go through the inevitable last minute preparation, packing, and panicking as well!  Please pray for un-eventful travels for me and our team, for team solidarity, and especially for the kids at camp.  Please pray that they continue to be open with us and that we can bring some joy and hope into their lives.  I will update more when I get back but in the meantime,check http://midtowninukraine.blogspot.com for our team's updates!

I've included a picture of me and Steph and this year's Midtown team -- woo hoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment